streda 9. apríla 2014

Why Sarajevo?

We know that before you start the trip, you need more opinions and reviews from other people. Well, we are prepared for you! We asked other people about their experiences and impressions from Sarajevo. Here are the best ones. 

Michaela
Sarajevo is a very interesting city, especially from the historical point of view. Impressing is the religious diversity. In the evening the monks in the mosque started to pray (sing) above from the roof. Interesting was also the eternal flame in the city center, which is a memorial to the victims of the World War II. We went up two hills and enjoyed the beautiful view of the city. I also enjoyed walking through the old town and see for example the dishes for traditional coffe-making.

Maroje
Best food ever, most multicultural place I've ever been to, big contrasts in many cases and nevertheless a very nice place to visit.

Norbert
I expected poor city destroyed by war, which still tries to stand up after Balkan’s war in 90’s. And I got it, but nevertheless I was amazed of that city. Great mix of west and east civilisation, christianity and islam, destroyed and modern buildings. The city has it’s own specific atmosphere. The old town which looks like in Turkey has something special inside, what makes you amazed of Sarajevo. If you are in Sarajevo you have to also eat traditional cevapcici and drink Sarajevsko beer. What about disadvantages of Sarajevo? It’s only one – similar to many Balkan’s cities. Gypsies who still beg you for money. However in Sarajevo it might be even worse that in other cities, because if you go with your bags and everyone sees you are turist – you have to be really careful. 

Alicja
I was in Bosnia in many places and I'm sure I want to go back there. It is original and beautiful country. The town I like the most is Sarajevo. However I did not feel safe there. First place I visited in Bosnia was village next to Dubrovnik called Ivanica with houses destroyed during the war. I was also in Trebinje and Medugorje that I like too.

Stano
Sarajevo was for me the town of surprises. I did not expect that this town is so magical and calm. At first I was scared about going there because of bad political situation and because a lot of protests and demonstrations, but at the end of the day it was really calm and beautiful town with lots of turists of different cultures and countries. What I liked the most were the crowded streets and nice historical buildings and sights in the old historical part of the town and their traditional meal čevapi, of course.

Emilia
Sarajevo is a city full of distinctions. On one hand you have glass, new buildings, that could fit in with the modern world, and on the other - devastated properties, that are remnants of war, which happend there not so long ago. I was charmed by the diversity, which created unusual atmosphere, impossible to imitate anywhere else.



Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára